So… Who likes to work out? Do you know why I’m asking? It’s because… when it comes to forcing myself to workout – I’d rather… NOT! Oh, yeah, but may you already know that I can be a little bit lazy, right? 🙂 (OK! Lazy-buzy when it comes to squeezing another chore on top of chasing my two kids all day!) 🙂
Anyway, time-wise and energy-wise on most days I’d always rather be watching some Neflix in my spare time! And this was why I’ve shared my favorite ways to squeeze in a work out right here!But aside from kidding around, I have to also admit one other thing: the tiny workouts that I get here and there aren’t the only thing that helps me stay fit. Let’s keep in mind that my current lifestyle is super-active, too! (Like I said, my two kids won’t let me stay seated for more than a few minutes at a time!).
I also must admit that when I had a sedentary job in an office, I knew that I had to push myself to go out and exercise much more than I do now! And although I never liked the gym, I always made sure to take a hike every single day and to take my dancing classes.
Finally, another thing is that even though I try to squeeze a little workout here and there these days, – there’re times when I’m not motivated to do even that! But… did I really want to go out and do it? Well… NO! (Actually, even though I don’t force myself to workout now as much as I did before – on most days I get so tired that when it comes to working out – I’d still rather not!)…Which brings me to this post’s topic:
Yes, perhaps the biggest reason why so many of us would rather watch some Netflix in our spare time, right? 🙂 But how do you motivate yourself to do something (that you don’t really want to do)?
So here’re a few things that always help to motivate me!
- Schedule it! This is probably why a gym had never worked out for me: I mean… am I really going to drive 15 minutes in traffic just to exercise for… an hour? And once I’m there – once again – will I really stay there for an hour? No! Because I will always think of something else to do and end up leaving in 15 minutes! This is why the dancing classes worked for me so well! They were SCHEDULED! So I treated them as appointments! The same can be true for any other workout, too! Just find the best time to workout – put it in your schedule – and it will eventually become a part of your routine!
- Make it social! Because working out can get a bit (or very much) boring! Having a buddy to hang out with as you’re going through your workout routine can change it from a chore to the fun time together! Additional bonus: you’ll also have to schedule it – which make you less likely to change your mind!
- Wearing your activewear (or if you need to be dressed nicely – having it within reach in your car!) I know, it sounds obvious, right? But the funny thing is – even if you had some spare time, like if you got out of work early or if your kids were suddenly invited to a paydate – you’d be less likely to run or hike if you’re wearing a fancy dress, right? Already wearing a workout-ready outfit or having it within reach can make or break the moment!
- And finally, it’s wearing the activewear that makes you FEEL GOOD! First, because you’ll be more likely to put it on! Secondary, you’ll just feel so much better about what you’re doing! Which brings us to…
This pretty workout outfit that’s both feminine and super-cute!
- The feminine lace-up ballet-inspired leggings: as soon as I put them on, they make me feel like I want to whirl and dance, and… move! Wearing them definitely makes me feel so pretty and so good about myself! (I guess it’s because of my childhood dream to be a ballerina that… didn’t come true… ) 🙂
- The lacy racerback bra: although you can’t really see it under the tank top – simply having it on makes me feel so feminine!
- Finally – my favorite! ..As a big-time “cat-lady” (But you already know that I love cats, don’t you?) 🙂 I just can’t get enough of these super-cute “Cattitude” snickers from Bob’s! (And just in case if you love dogs more – they also have these with the cutest puppy faces on them!)