The Low-Calorie Cookie Dough that is an healthy, all-natural and REALLY EASY and FAST to make – what do you say to that? 🙂 I say that it’s definitely something that’ll make my day brighter! Yum!
…I’ve been eyeing all kinds of cookie dough recipes for a while now, and it always looked so… yummy! Finally now that I saw the edible cookie dough being sold in the supermarkets (for about $6 per pint!) which I almost bough because it looked gooooooood… I decided that I HAD to make my own Cookie Dough that is healthier, lower in calories and… Well, the one that I can indulge on without feeling guilty! So here it is! I called this the Master Recipe because I’m planning to make the other versions of it very soon (for instance I can’t wait to try the Chocolate Cookie Dough!). But in the meantime here’re a few ideas how you can enjoy this cookie dough even more (because why not have even more fun with something that’s so good and yummy?)
How To Best Enjoy The Healthy Low-Calorie Cookie Dough
- Enjoy it right out of the container: just take out a few scoops for a dessert! 🙂
- Have some for breakfast: my favorite breakfast is fruit & fat-free Greek yogurt. So why not sprinkling some of the cookie dough on top of my yogurt to make it more fun to eat? 🙂
- Put the cookie dough in an ice-cream cone and serve it like that (also fun if sprinkled with some chocolate chips or sprinkles)!
- Crumble it on top of your ice-cream! ( my favorite is the Halo Top ice-cream)
How to make The Cookie Dough even Healthier and Lower Calorie:
(Just in case if 72 cal a scoop isn’t enough for you 🙂 )
- Use erythritol (a natural sugar-substitute) instead of the sugar!
- Use fructose sugar instead of the brown sugar. Because fructose is sweeter than the sugar you can get away with 1/4 cup instead of the 1/3 cup of sugar.
- To make it 100 % natural and sugar-free use the date sugar instead of the brown sugar! (It’s also lower in calories than the sugar: 10 cal/ tsp instead of 15)
And the final NOTE: it’s SUPER-IMPORTANT NOT TO SKIP the step where you toast the flour because it’s precisely what makes the cookie dough edible! (It is not safe to eat raw flour: I myself did’t know it until I’ve read about it!) 🙂
So… what do you say? Let’s make it? 🙂
Healthy Low Calorie Edible Cookie Dough
The Healthy Low-Calorie Edible Cookie Dough is the guiltless treat that you can indulge on without worrying about gaining weight!
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spread the flour on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes. To ensure that the flour is cooked through pile the flour into a mound and insert an instant-read thermometer. The temperature must be at least 160F. If it's lower than that let the flour bake 2-3 minutes longer.
Let cool down to the room temperature.
In the mean time beat the butter, salt, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add the apple sauce and beat some more until incorporated.
Fold the flour into the butter mixture. Mix until incorporated.
Scoop the dough into a container pressing it down gently. Let the dough cool down in the fridge until it's hardened.