…So, you’ve overindulged on your Thanksgiving Dinner! Oh, and the day after – because the leftovers were Soooo Gooood, too! Oh, and maybe you’ve been so excited about all these Friday-Monday Deals that you couldn’t help but overindulge… again!
But guess what? Who didn’t? It’s nearly impossible to stick to a diet at certain times a year! I know that I’ve gained a few pounds over the last week for sure (my scale told me that)! But I also know that I’m not worried about at all! Because I know exactly what I’ll do to shed these pounds off fast! How am I going to do it? Here’re a few tricks that work for me! Let me share them with you:
HOW TO LOOSE YOUR HOLIDAY POUNDS FAST!
#1. DON’T SKIP MEALS!
EAT! Yes, – eat, don’t fast! And don’t skip your meals!
Not only skipping meals will slow your metabolism which in turn will prolong the time that your body will take to burn all the extra pounds! It’ll also mess with your mood as you’ll be stepping out of your usual routine! To me the latter one is a real biggy! I find great pleasure in not only eating, but anticipating my meals! Depriving myself of a mealtime can make me feel really grumpy, and guilty – scolding myself for overeating before which caused me all this suffering now!
So, don’t skip your meals! But…
#2. DO KEEP YOUR MEALS LIGHT!
So, you want to loose that weight fast? The easiest way to do this is by eating the low-calorie meals.
Here’s one word for you… WATERMELON!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMM!!!! 🙂
Yes – I should say that the watermelon is my favorite food for when I’ve gained weight! Low-calorie and super-yummy – it takes care of so many things! It satisfies my sweet tooth and it hydrates my body! Its fibers help speed up my metabolism! I can actually feel how it “flushes” my system off all the excess “clutter” in it!
And here’re a few other yummy “calorie-burning” foods that I LOVE indulging on when I gain extra weight:
- Merengue-based desserts (basically whipped egg-whites with a one or two teaspoons of sugar or Erythritol. (Try these Extra-Low-Calorie, Healthy Dessert Recipes – you can it have any of them for breakfast, eat your heart out and… loose weight – fast!)
- Coffee! (OK, not the Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino, of course) But… I LOVE my stevia-sweetened Americano! If you go easy on the cream and the sugar you can even have it with a few oz of frozen yogurt or a piece of chocolate! The Fat-Free Cappuccino is my other favorite treat!
- Any watery fruits and berries like melons, blueberries (love them!) and strawberries.
- Watery veggies like cucumber, celery and tomatoes. I prefer the tomatoes: they are sweet and so flavorful! Eat them by a handful with a bit of salt!
- Sashimi and grilled chicken breast, cooked egg whites and unsweetened cereals – any low-calorie food that you like will work – just pick your favorite, and (this one is important) enjoy it!
#3. LET EXERCISE BE FUN!
I never exercise to “just loose the weight”. In fact – I tried it but failed – I don’t go to a gym! Because it’s boring and sounds almost like punishment (unless you love it – then yes – go for it any time!)
Besides – there are too many FUN ways to exercise! Shopping for one – Ohhhh! Who doesn’t like shopping? Window-shopping or hunting for the deals, going through your favorite stores and trying on all the outfits you like! I always end up physically exhausted after running through a mall! Oh, and if I park a block away and carry all my heavy purchases, I always end up burning a few hundred calories – easy!
Another fun way to exercise is to just walk through a Farmer’s Market! Carrying all the heavy grocery bags in hands adds the additional calorie-burning bonus!
Finally – I just love exploring! I can’t travel as much as I did before I had my boys – but exploring my own city (and discovering the new Favorite Treat Spots!) is always SO MUCH FUN!
#4. GET DISTRACTED!
Take your mind off it! The biggest thing about dealing with any physical issue that causes discomfort is taking your mind off it by doing something else that’s pleasant! (or important!) Such as…
- Shopping for the upcoming holidays
- Decorating the house for the holidays (hello, extra burned pounds!)
- Getting your nails done
- Playing with your kids (or hanging out with your friends or the S.O.(Significant Other 🙂 )
- Watching a show that’s so fun – it’s a treat by itself (no popcorn needed!)
Not only doing such things helps take my mind off the “loosing the weight” process. Having things done recharges me with the positive energy that I need to stay focused and joyful! So, what do you think? Can getting in shape be fun? I actually think that it could! 🙂 But if you have anything to say about it or know of any other better ways to do it – please share them in the comments below! 🙂