The White Christmas is coming and… what do you think about me sharing a recipe for a Healthy White Chocolate Cheesecake topped with the Healthy, Non-Fat White Chocolate Mousse with you today? 🙂 It’s heavenly-light (low-fat and low-calorie), beautiful, snow-white, and… SUPER-yummy! 🙂But… wait! I can’t believe that I haven’t posted any cheesecake recipes yet! I mean… how silly is that! …And it’s especially upsetting because a cheesecake is one of my most favorite things to make and most favorite desserts to enjoy! I mean… who doesn’t just love indulging on a slice of delicious, luscious, soft and silky cheesecake? (There’s a reason why the Cheesecake Factory exists, right?)…Because I love my cheesecakes so much I’ve baked a lot of them over my lifetime, because (you know me by now, right?) I always want to enjoy more than one slice of a delicious treat! And that means that this slice can’t land me, like… 1000 calories, right? 🙂 …But to tell you the truth I only recently finally learned how to PROPERLY bake a cheesecake! And although I still loved indulging on my cheesecakes even when they didn’t quite look like the Cheesecake Factory’s ones (not as lusciously-creamy)… When a cheesecake is baked the way it’s supposed to… there is hardly ANYTHING in the culinary world that could be compared to it!Inspired by the upcoming White Christmas… And to make my cheesecake extra-lucsious I decided to let it be the White Chocolate Cheesecake… Mmmm… 🙂
So… What’s this proper way of baking the cheesecake?
Here’s that little trick that I’ve finally learned after years of disregarding every serious cookbook’s advice and sticking to my old “easy” pour&bake method!The secret to the perfect, luscious, creamy, soft and super-smooth cheesecake (even when you’re using the non-fat cheese and egg whites instead of the full-fat cream cheese and whipping cream for your filling) is…
To always bake it in the WATER-BATH! Yes! Only setting your filled with the cheesecake springform pan in another, larger, filled with water pan and keeping it there as it’s being baked will land you that perfectly creamy result that you’ll definitely love looking at and indulging on!For the extra-decadence I decided to top my my cheesecake with the White Chocolate Mousse…The recipe for this mousse is adapted from my Healthy Non-Fat Mousse recipe. It’s super-easy to make and, because it contains my favorite Greek Yogurt it’s also healthy, non-fat, high-protein, super-fluffy and super-creamy!
Merry upcoming White Christmas to you, my friend! 🙂
Healthy White Chocolate Cheesecake (Low-Calorie & Low-Fat)
For the White Chocolate Cheesecake:
- 1/2 cup gram cracker crumbs
- 1 tbsp oil
- 16 oz non-fat farmers cheese or ricotta cheese
- 8 oz non-fat cream cheese
- 5 egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 3 tsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp non-fat or low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the White Chocolate Mousse:
- 2 cups non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 3.4 oz packet instant white chocolate pudding mix
- 2-3 tbsp white chocolate chips optional - for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Toss the gram cracker crumbs with the oil and press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan. Put the pan in the oven and let it back for 5 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Put the farmers cheese, cream cheese, egg whites, sugar, vanilla, corn starch and milk in a blender and blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate over a water bath or in the microwave. Pour it into the cheesecake mixture and stir until its incorporated. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cooled crust.
- Place pan in another pan at least one inch wider than the cheesecake pan and add warm water to the outer pan to create a water bath for the cheesecake (this is important! It prevents the cracks in your cheesecake and helps it retain it's super-creamy texture!).
- Bake for about 1 hour until or until the center of the cheesecake is barely firm to the touch.
- Let the cheesecake chill before removing it out of the pan.
- To make the White Chocolate Mousse mix together the greek yogurt and the white chocolate pudding mix. Whip for about 3 minutes until the pudding mix is fully incorporated with the yogurt and the mixture is super-fluffy.
- Pipe the mousse on top of the cheesecake and if desired sprinkle with the additional white chocolate chips.
- *I like using the whole-wheat gram cracker crumbs. Because whole grains are better than the refined ones 🙂