- I love this comfortable, yet trendy top! (Since everything ruffles has become the official Spring 2017 trend!)
- The shorts… No matter what year we’re in (1977 or 2017, OK, I wouldn’t go past maybe… 1957?😉) a nice pair of well-fitting denim shorts is one of those basic must-haves in anyone’s closet. Let’s say… it’s just one of the warmer weather classics (just like a pair of jeans is the cooler-weather classic)!
But wait… Lately I promised you that from now on I’ll always be telling you why whatever is written in any particular post makes sense, right?
Why this outfit makes sense:
- The ruffle top: it is trendy. But it isn’t OVERLY trendy: it pretty much goes with anything from denim shorts or jeans to classic skirts and slacks!
- This top is also versatile in a way that it’s dressy, and paired with something like a nice skirt it could be warn to a party, while paired with the sneakers and shorts it could also be worn to a casual outing!
- I know, it’s a small detail… But I love the fact that all these ruffles let me skip wearing a bra. (And no matter how well-fitted a bra gets – it always feels better to go without, do you conquer? 🙂 )
- The prices. And I’ll be saying this again and again: it’s worth it to invest in quality items. But it ISN’T worth it to invest in trendy items. With that in mind this top makes a great find in a way that for its trendiness it is very moderately priced!!!
- And the denim shorts… I definitely consider them a great find, too, because for their price (under $100!) they are good quality, fit great and, well… A nice pair of shorts is worth the investment because like I said, they are a classic!
I hope that you’re having a great weekend filled with laughter, good food and beautiful outings!💐
And just as usual, I’d LOVE to hear all about what you think of this post in the comments below!