My summertime skincare routine is very simple (Hmm.. just like my wintertime skincare routine with just a few summertime adjustments in mind). And because it is so simple this post won’t be a long read! 🙂 OK! Let’s get to it!
I’ve already mentioned it to you that although I care very much about the beauty of my skin, I believe in keeping it simple because:
- When it’s simple you’re more likely to stick to it without skipping any of the important steps (such as applying your daily SPF’s!)
- It helps me to make sure that all the important things are applied thoroughly and reapplied as needed.
- I simply don’t have much time to put all the multiple Korean skincare products on in the right order 🙂
- Um… I don’t really have the budget for all those multiple products to begin with.
- The products that I do have the budget for are the good-quality ones and they really work!
So let’s see: here’s what I use every single morning after I wake up and brush my teeth: 🙂
- My first “product” is… water! Yes, and I am calling it a product because I apply it on my skin in a certain super-secretive 🙂 way: I first thoroughly rinse my face with warm water to take off any of the residue from my rich night-cream. Then I splash my face with the icy-cold water to tone and firm up my skin. It also helps to de-puff your eyes if this happens to be the case. 🙂 And finally I never-EVER wipe any of that water off my face! Instead I move to step-2…
- Now that my face is all covered in water I want to make sure that this water doesn’t evaporate! I want it to stay on to keep hydrating my skin! To do that I apply my favorite face-cream on right away. The oils in the cream act as a “lid” that locks the moisture underneath! NOTE: My skin gets dry in the winters when I may also add a bit of oil to my routine if needed. Now that my skin is rather “normal” I only use the cream. If your skin is on the oilier side, you should use a lighter cream, but even the lightest moisturizer has tidbits of oil in it which will act as this “lid” keeping the precious moisture underneath!)
- I like using the balm for my under-eye skin because it seriously keeps the “crow’s feet” wrinkles at bay and makes my skin very smooth.
- The sunscreen is the last, but never the least step. The only note here is that I wait to apply it until I have to head out of the house. Not only it lets my face cream penetrate my skin in the mean time. It also ensure that the sunscreen is still “active” when I head out! (:) …I won’t be repeating here the thousands of articles that you must have already read on the sun-damage being the #1 reason for aging! 🙂 My favorite is the SPF 50 because, well… I’m applying a sunscreen anyway. So why not use the highest number SPF that’s out there? Might as well! It makes sense, right? 🙂
- If I stay outdoors all day and if I get back out to the sunny outdoors after having spent a few hours indoors I always make sure to reapply the sunscreen regularly!
- If my skin gets dry from wiping it with a napkin after I eat, from evaporation or for any other reason I always keep an eye on it and reapply my face-cream from the little sample jars (You can read about my on-the go skincare routine in this post. 🙂 )
So… Have you ever tried the famous Korean products? 🙂 If you did, I’d love it if you share some of your experience with it! 🙂
Stay healthy & beautiful, my sweet friend! You deserve it! 🙂