It’s always fun to play around with the makeup (those bold lips or the smoky-eyes look makes you instantly feel like a femme fatale or a romantic vixen!) Yet, the best way to showcase your natural beauty (and if you’ve been taking good care of yourself I’m sure you have plenty to showcase!) is to keep your makeup as minimal as possible! …Actually in this case your goal is to make it look like “you were born with it!”
So here’s what goes into my “no-makeup makeup”:
- My #1 makeup product is… my moisturizer! Yes, especially if I’m going for this naturally beautiful look! Because your beautiful skin is the foundation for your beauty. And the good moisturizer is the foundation for your beautiful skin!
- A tinted balm or a lightweight foundation that’ll leave your skin look as natural as possible! Note: if I have a few blemishes I may use a bit of concealer under the foundation. But that’s only “if” I have them.
- The brow pencil and the brow powder. Your brows frame your face and mine are a bit sparse and shapeless. It’s important to line them up and the difference in the way I look afterwards is huge!
- The blush. Just as with the brows – the blush adds a hint of color and frames your face without making it look unnaturally overdone! I love this natural shade from Tarte.
- The lipstick and the lip-liner. After I line my lips I always smudge the contour very well. Then I use just a bit of the lipstick and I press a napkin over my lips – so that only a hint of the color left.
- The mascara. Well, what can I say? The longer lashes – are always the prettier lashes! But to create this super-natural look I only used one layer of mascara and made sure to take off any noticeable clumps of it off my lashes – so that it looks like I’m not wearing any mascara at all!