The best healthy store-bought desserts!
Do you get crave something sweet often? If you ask me – I NEED a sweet treat every single day!
That’s because in order for a day to go smoothly, my mood needs to be uplifted by something… small, but really indulgent! And because there are days when I’m just not in the mood (or just don’t have the time) to bake – I’ve become very good at researching all of the best yummy but healthy store-bought sweet treat options!Oh, I can’t wait to share my list with you! …So that your days can go much smoother even if you didn’t get to bake a home-made decadent cake! 🙂
THE BEST HEALTHY STORE-BOUGHT DESSERTS & TREATS!
Best Bakery Treats:
- Zen-Bakery Muffins. Vegan (if you care about this part), low-calorie and made without any real sugar, they’re all-natural and hearty (made with either bran or whole wheat/rye flours which is very important to me!)! I don’t know how these guys make them, but for breakfast, dessert or snack – they are THE BEST! 🙂
- Quaker Rice Chips. My fave bonus: they’re made with brown rice. Yes – I read my labels! And this one’s important!
- Nourish 100-calorie bites. All-natural and just 100 calories! You can’t beat that! 🙂
Best Healthy Candy & Snacks:
I always need a sweet snack to go with my mid-day coffee! With that said I consider myself a “pro” at finding the best healthy & low-calorie options!
- Freeze-dried fruit (especially the mango chips – they seriously taste like candy!).
- Fruit chips: similar to freeze-dry fruit. They’re crispy and sweet (only make sure that it’s 100% pure fruit). Sooo good!
- All types of “Shoe-leather” (once again, only if it’s made with 100 fruit, no sugar added). Love them!
- Dark Chocolate. Every small bite lands BIG flavor!
- Because I don’t mind some of the sugar-substitutes like erythritol or stevia, I love Lily’s Sugar-Free Chocolates! They taste SO good! You’d never tell that they’re made without real sugar!
Best Protein Bars:
I don’t mind protein bars every once in a while. I don’t believe in subbing a hearty breakfast or a meal for a protein snack or a drink, but as a treat… why not! If they’re high protein and low-sugar, they make a great midday snack or late night dessert!
- Nu-Go Bars: made without any artificial flavors or sweeteners – they taste natural. At the same time they’re low-calorie high protein and delicious!
- Em+Pact – all natural, sweet and soo delicious!
- Quest Bars. Especially the Birthday Cake flavor! Chewy and yummy, made with stevia as a sugar sub!
Best Frozen Desserts:
After never missing a day without a treat from our local fro-yo shop it took me awhile to get over that shop’s closing (cry-face!). But I didn’t give up and found some of the yummiest healthy ice creams in the stores! Such as:
- The Arctic Zero pints. Although I’m still super-upset about them discontinuing their 150-calorie pints, their dairy-free and low-cal options taste great, and if you don’t want to mess with the sugar-substitutes of any kind – they are your best bet: all-natural, low-sugar and low-calorie – they’re my #1 late-night choice any time!
- Halo Top. I love Halo Top! I actually think that I’ve discovered them before everyone else! 🙂 Kidding… But seriously – I’ve been loving them since they just came out, and their creamy texture and variety of flavors is still… well, tops!
- Slim Twin, Enlightened, and Simple Truth (Ralph’s Market’s brand) Low-Calorie Ice-creams are similar to Halo Top, (they’re made with the healthy sugar alternative erythritol) and some of their flavors (like Enlightened’s Snickerdoodle for instance), had become my “good friends” as well!
+ An important mention:
- The Nu-Natural’s Chocolate Syrup. I love pouring it over an ice-cream or over just a plain greek yogurt to make a super-healthy, flavorful snack! So healthy flavorful guiltless! 🙂