…The temperatures have been steadily rising here in LA, but it wasn’t until now that all that beautiful variety of fruit is suddenly available in the markets when I’m finally feeling that the summer IS coming! And with all that yummy produce all around I’ve been also feeling like a kid in a candy store, wanting to buy all of them in mass quantities!
I love my fruit – every single day I start with feasting on something fresh, fruity and juicy the first thing in the morning! And it makes me feel goooooood 🙂 The fruits’ juices hydrate me and their crunchy taste always refreshes me! And the natural sugars in them always give me that extra boost that helps me wake up!
I’ve been missing having a variety of fruit all those long winter months… And now… cherries, blueberries, strawberries, peaches… everything looks so good that I don’t know what to choose from!!!
And of course I end up slipping off and buying more than I actually need…
But… at the same time we can’t live on fruit only, right? Sometimes we also need a beautiful healthy dessert! …And having too much fruit in the fridge is a great excuse to whip something beautiful and decadent with it! And also healthy, of course 🙂
And so I came up with a very simple recipe for a beautiful dessert that made me salivate just when I thought about it:
OK, now that I’ve said that, let me brag some more 🙂 Because these sweet creations are also:
- High in Protein
- and CAN be eaten for breakfast (which is what I’ve started today with!)… or a snack… and certainly – for dessert!
Did I say enough?OK, let me get to the recipe itself and since it is really easy to make I hope that you too will whip it up to treat yourself one of these days… Even if your life gets super-busy like mine. Because you absolutely MUST treat yourself sometimes! Right? Right!
Healthy Non-Fat Mini Peach Pavlovas
- 4 merengue shells
- 2 cups of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3.4 packet instant peach pudding mix*
- 2 ripe peaches or nectarines
- Beat the yogurt with the pudding mix until it's thick and fluffy.
- Cut the peaches in half and discard the pits.
- Peel the skin off the peaches.
- Pipe the peach yogurt mousse on the merengue shells.
- Top each Mini Pavlova with a half of the peeled peach.
* If you don't have a peach pudding mix, you can use an instant vanilla pudding mix with 2 tbsp of freeze-dried peaches ground into the fine flour.
… You can eat more than one! I had two of them for breakfast and I am NOT sorry about it 🙂