The Healthy Chocolate Blender Cake is easy to make, gluten-free and vegan, but high-protein (naturally), low-sugar, low-fat and low-calorie. It’s topped with the healthy Caramel Frosting for an extra touch of healthy indulgence! 🙂Hi, friend!
So… I feel like I’ve been posting way too many marshmallows and meringue recipes lately, haven’t I?🍥 And as much as I love-love-love all things marshmallows and meringue (they are just so yummy, so pretty and so healthy, too!) it’s time to diversify our menu, what do you say? Although… there still will be more marshmallows soon! Just because they are good! 🙂But for now let’s diversify it a bit! And what’s a better way to diversify your desserts menu than with something indulgently-chocolatty! It always makes me so much easier for me to get up in the morning if I know that I’ll be having a slice of a chocolate cake for breakfast! 🙂 (Especially that I am NOT a morning person!)OK. Let’s get right to it, shall we? 🙂
And here’re just a few things that I love about this cake:
- It’s blender cake which means that all you need to do to is just put all the cake ingredients in a blender!
- It’s vegan, but… BUT it is high in protein (unlike many vegan bakes) thanks to the beans in it!
- I’ve already mentioned it to you that I’ve recently discovered and loved using fructose instead of the regular sugar. And here’s why: it’s 100% natural, but because it’s sweeter than the sugar you only need 2/3 cup of fructose to create the same sweetness as you’d get with the 1 cup of sugar!
- It’s low-fat and low-calorie. Again, unlike many vegan products, I love it that this cake is lower fat because well… who needs the extra calories? 🙂
- As for the frosting, you can certainly use the Healthy Caramel instead of this quick version (the original Caramel is a bit more flavorful and smoother than the Quick Caramel featured in this recipe). But for those times when you just don’t have a head to mess around in the kitchen too much this quick version comes very handy!
So what do you think about having a slice or two of a chocolate cake for breakfast? 🙂 Would that help you deal with the morning grumpiness? (‘Cause it helps ME deal with mine: it kind of… sweetens me up and makes me all ready for the day’s challenges!)
Here’s a list of a few other Chocolate Cake for Breakfast options: 🙂
- Healthy Chocolate Carrot Cake
- Healthy Hot Fudge Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Oat Cake
- Healthy Chocolate Blackberry Cakelette
- Healthy Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
Healthy Chocolate Blender Cake with Fat-Free Caramel Frosting
The Healthy Chocolate Blender Cake is easy to make, gluten-free and vegan, but high-protein (naturally), low-sugar, low-fat and low-calorie. It's topped with the healthy Caramel Frosting for an extra touch of healthy indulgence! 🙂
For the Cake:
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cooked oats
- 1/2 cup regular cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup fructose sugar*
- 1 1/2 cup grated apples
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Quick Caramel Frosting:
- 10 pitted dates*
To make the cake preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9X11 baking dish with the parchment paper or spray with some oil and dust with some flour.
Put all the cake ingredients in the blender and blend until the dough is smooth and the ingredients are incorporated.
Pour the dough in the pan and bake for about 1 hour if you like your cake gooey-er and fudgy-er (like the one I made). If you like a denser cake - bake until the toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean (about 10-15 minutes more). Set aside to cool.
To make the frosting soak the dates in the hot water (about 1 cup of water: the water must covers the dates) for 10-15 minutes.
Put the dates and only about 2 tbsp of soaking water in the blender and blend until smooth. If desired put the frosting in a piping bag and pipe it on the cake in a criss-cross pattern (like I did), or just smear the frosting over the top of the cake and enjoy!
*Fructose is an all-natural sweetener derived from the fruit that is sweeter than the regular sugar.