Fall is officially here and that means that the Baking Season is officially open! And because thinking of baking something indulgent (and healthy if I can help it!) makes me sooo joyful – I decided to share my favorite best healthy dessert cookbooks with you today!
Most of the time I use these books as a source of reference and inspiration and further tweak their recipes according to my liking. Yet, some of these recipes I love so much that I just make them as is! …Because some great things you can’t make better than they already are! 🙂 Enjoy!
7 BEST HEALTHY DESSERT COOKBOOKS:
- Chocolate Covered Katie Cookbook by on of my favorite bloggers Katie Higgins of Chocolate Covered Katie blog
- Naughty Or Nice Dessert Cookbook by another favorite blogger Jessica Stier of Desserts With Benefits whose blog I’ve been following for years!
- Rose’s Heavenly Cakes: one of the classic baking cookbooks. A great reference for any baker!
- Have Your Cake and Eat It!: a Martha Stewart cookbook: Martha’s great tips on healthy baking!
- The Harvest Baker: all sorts of healthy baked goodies made with whole grains, fruit and veggies!
- Cooking Light Way To Bake
- Honey & Oats: Everyday Favorites Baked With Whole Grains and Natural Sweeteners
WHAT I’M BUYING ON SALE NOW!
So, now that we’ve gone over the foodie part of this post, I thought that I’d also mention that this in-between-the-seasons time is the time when LOVE shopping!
Why? Because it’s now, when all the stores are filling up with the cold-season stuff, when they’re also trying to get rid of all the summer things which drives the prices far, far down! For instance this outfit you see me wearing here would’ve costed me a fortune if I didn’t buy it all on sale!My only tip of an advice when it comes to shopping these sales, though is to avoid getting anything too trendy (it’ll be sooooo last season next summer!) and things that are cheap, but you won’t particularly enjoy wearing! 🙂
So here’re a few things I’ve been eyeing and most likely will be getting this fall:
Shorts and Skirts: